The Starrett 123Z-6 Master Vernier Slide Caliper has half as many bar graduations as conventional single-vernier tools, making them easy to read. Machine-divided graduations, tight, smoothly fitted slides, and no glare satin chrome finish give it an attractive appearance. Plus, the long 50-division vernier scales offer even more precision.
With the open-face design, the 123Z-6 allows you to see what you’re doing without getting in your way. Lastly, the screw-type adjusting nut allows for fine-measuring adjustments, and lock nut holds measurements.
- Long 50-division vernier scales permit half as many bar graduations as conventional single-vernier tools. These widely-spaced graduations make it easy to read to .001,” or 0.02mm
- The open-face design of the slide allows both the inside and outside vernier scale on the same side, thus allowing both verniers to be read without turning the tool over
- Black lines and figures against the Starrett satin chrome finish make reading a pleasure, not an effort
- Screw-type adjusting nut allows for fine measuring adjustments, and lock nut holds measurements
Long-Life and Accuracy Features
- Fine-tool steel construction makes the jaws harder and longer-wearing than stainless tools.
- All tools through 24″ (600mm) also have hardened and stabilized bars.
- Hardened, ground and lapped measuring surfaces
- Machine-divided graduations for accuracy
- The combination of straight and angular ways on the
master bar allows for positive alignment of graduations and easy adjustment of the flush-fitting verniers
- Sizes through 24″ have divider points on the back side to accurately set dividers and trammels
- Tools with inch and millimeter graduations on the same bar have outside readings only.
- Take inside readings by adding the nib width to the indicated reading.
- The longer length of the adjusting jaw slide provides a longer bearing surface on the master bar, ensuring squareness with the solid jaw and extra resistance to springing
- Tight, smoothly fitted slides for maximum accuracy and easy adjustment
- Fitted wood case option
- Quality Control
The L.S. Starrett Company is a world leader in precision measuring tools and instruments. Since 1880, they have been an industry standard. Starrett’s high quality and durability have made the brand an industry standard for decades. They produce products for various industries, including aerospace, automotive, manufacturing, and commercial construction. Today, they’ve expanded into metalworking, making saw blade products for manufacturing operations worldwide.