The Starrett 208DZ Stainless Steel Can Seam Micrometer is a great tool for measuring the thickness and depth of can seams. It has a 0-0.375” measuring range and a 0.001” graduation.
The 208 series measures the thickness of seam at top and bottom of flat-tapped cans.Made from stainless steel, the 208DZ will last for years. It also has a depth gage with a measuring range of 0.200.”
- Satin finish stainless steel – no glare – rust and stain resistant
- Advanced sleeve design with staggered lines and distinct figures
for precise and easy readability
- Quick-reading figures – every thousandth numbered on inch tools
- The 208 has a depth gage (.200” range).
Accuracy and Long-Life Features
- Extremely hard and stable one-piece spindle (the heart of our accuracy)
- Quick and easy adjustment
- Quality Control
- Food and Beverage
- Measure the width of a can seam
- Ensure products meet certain requirements
- Measure the thickness of metal cans
- Measures the distance between two parallel surfaces of a cylindrical object
The L.S. Starrett Company is a world leader in precision measuring tools and instruments. Since 1880, they have been an industry standard. Starrett’s high quality and durability have made the brand an industry standard for decades. They produce products for various industries, including aerospace, automotive, manufacturing, and commercial construction. Today, they’ve expanded into metalworking, making saw blade products for manufacturing operations worldwide.