The Starrett 222AXR-1 Sheet Metal Micrometer is a great option for gaging jobs where you need to measure away from the edge of a sheet metal part. The reach of this micrometer allows you to take measurements over the edge and into the center of the material, which is not possible with other types of micrometers.
The rounded anvil on the 1″ (25mm) size gives a point contact for more accurate gaging. While the black wrinkle finish frame adds a professional look that makes it easy to spot in your tool kit.
- Starrett satin chrome finish – no glare – resists rust
- Advanced sleeve design with staggered lines and
distinct figures for precise and easy readability
- Convenient decimal equivalents on Inch tools
- Balanced frame and thimble design ensure easy handling and better readability
- Combination ratchet and speeder for uniform pressure and quicker adjustment
- Ring-type knurled lock nut for quick and sure locking (on 1/2″ and 13mm range models)
Accuracy and Long-Life Features
- Rigid one-piece frame of drop forged steel, ribbed for strength and stability
- Extremely hard and stable one-piece spindle (the heart of our accuracy)
- Quick and easy adjustment
- Quality Control
- Measure the thickness of sheets of metal
- Measures the thickness of aluminum, brass, copper, steel, tin, and other types of metal.
- Ensure the thickness of a sheet is uniform across its entire surface
The L.S. Starrett Company is a world leader in precision measuring tools and instruments. Since 1880, they have been an industry standard. Starrett’s high quality and durability have made the brand an industry standard for decades. They produce products for various industries, including aerospace, automotive, manufacturing, and commercial construction. Today, they’ve expanded into metalworking, making saw blade products for manufacturing operations worldwide.