The Starrett 260Z Groove micrometers measure the depth of a groove or internal opening. It features arms that rotate around a center pin, allowing the operator to move toward and away from the measured surface.
- Starrett satin chrome finish – no glare – resists rust
- Advanced sleeve design with staggered lines and distinct figures for precise and easy readability
- Quick-reading figures – every thousandth numbered on inch tools
- Balanced design to ensure easy handling and better readability
- Has a reach of 1-5/8″ (41mm) maximum hole depth
- Each measuring disc is 9/32″ (7mm) in diameter and .025″ (0.63mm) thick
- Will measure groove widths .050-1.050″ (1.27-26.6mm)
- Will measure land widths from 0-1″ and 0-25mm
Accuracy and Long-Life Features
- Extremely hard and stable one-piece spindle (the heart of our accuracy)
- Hardened, ground, and lapped measuring discs
- Quick and easy adjustment
- This tool is accurate to ±.0004″ or ±0.01mm
- Semiconductor Production
- Quality Control
Groove micrometers are small, portable, and convenient measuring instruments that help technicians and engineers in various applications.
The L.S. Starrett Company is a world leader in precision measuring tools and instruments. Since 1880, they have been an industry standard. Starrett’s high quality and durability have made the brand an industry standard for decades. They produce products for various industries, including aerospace, automotive, manufacturing, and commercial construction. Today, they’ve expanded into metalworking, making saw blade products for manufacturing operations worldwide.