The Starrett 3202-8 Hardened Stainless Steel Dial Caliper takes I.D., O.D., step, and depth measurements. It has a measurement range of 0-8 inches with an accuracy of ±.0015″. The bar features sharp, black graduations every .1″, making it easy to read. Constructed out of hardened stainless steel, the bar is precision cut to ensure smooth operation and durability.
This 3202-8 has a positive, spring-loaded double pinion anti-backlash control system to ensure accuracy in all conditions. Finally, the lock screws for the sliding jaw and dial bezel help prevent accidental movement while measuring.
- Sharp, clear dial graduations of 0.001″
- 1″ per revolution
- Thumb-operated fine adjustment roll
- Sharp, black graduations on the satin finished bar, every .1″
- Hardened stainless steel bar, measuring surfaces, rack, gears, and depth rod
- Positive, spring-loaded double pinion anti-backlash control
- Lock screws for sliding jaw and dial bezel
- Knife-edge contacts
- Adjustable bezel
- 0-6″, 0-8″, and 0-12″ sizes available
- Quality Control
- Check bolt lengths
- Check the diameter of a shaft or spline
- Check hub dimeters on wheels and pulleys
- Check tolerances
- Inspect finished parts for defects before they go into production
- Check the dimensions of shafts or disks
- Measure thread pitch
- Measure diameters
The L.S. Starrett Company is a world leader in precision measuring tools and instruments. Since 1880, they have been an industry standard. Starrett’s high quality and durability have made the brand an industry standard for decades. They produce products for various industries, including aerospace, automotive, manufacturing, and commercial construction. Today, they’ve expanded into metalworking, making saw blade products for manufacturing operations worldwide.