The Starrett 436.1MXRLZ-500 Ratchet Thimble Outside Micrometer has a 475-500mm measuring range and 0.01mm graduation, making it a great tool for precise measurements. The rigid and stable special cast iron frame means you can count on this micrometer to last for years—and be accurate every time you use it.
The 436.1MXRLZ-500 also includes a fitted plastic case. With its quick and easy adjustment, you can be sure that no matter how often you use it, your measurements will always be spot-on.
- The most popular precision micrometers used by skilled workmen worldwide
- Accurate, rugged, and easy to use
- Starrett satin chrome finish – no glare – resists rust
- Advanced sleeve design with staggered lines and distinct figures for precise and easy readability
- Balanced frame and thimble design ensure easy handling
- Gracefully designed tapered frame for use in narrow slots and tight places
- The combination ratchet and speeder for uniform pressure and quicker adjustment, or a plain micrometer that depends on your own “feel”
- Rigid steel frame ribbed for extra strength on sizes through 6″/ 150mm
- Quick and easy adjustment
- Micro-lapped measuring faces
- Extremely hard and stable one-piece spindle
- Measure the diameter of an object
- Measure the length of a piece.
- Determine the thickness of materials
- Check the accuracy of other measuring tools
The L.S. Starrett Company is a world leader in precision measuring tools and instruments. Since 1880, they have been an industry standard. Starrett’s high quality and durability have made the brand an industry standard for decades. They produce products for various industries, including aerospace, automotive, manufacturing, and commercial construction. Today, they’ve expanded into metalworking, making saw blade products for manufacturing operations worldwide.