The Starrett 486P-9 Blade Micrometer measures the thickness of thin metal parts, such as the thickness of a thin film. They use a blade that slides along the part and presses down on it, done at an angle to ensure more accuracy.
- Starrett satin chrome finish – no glare – resists rust
- The balanced frame and thimble design ensure easy handling and better readability
- Advanced sleeve design with staggered lines and distinct figures for precise and accurate measurements
Ease of Handling Features
- The Speeder is the perfect tool for adjusting blades quickly on all sizes of micrometers.
- Its non-rotating spindle prevents the blades from turning in narrow slots or rolling off the shoulder.
- The blades are .030″ (0.8mm) thick, allowing them to measure to a depth of 5/16″ (8mm)
Accuracy and Long-Life Features
- Rigid steel frame ribbed for extra strength ensures that the 486P-9 can withstand even the most strenuous of uses
- Hardened one-piece spindle also helps prolong the life of the micrometer
- Quality Control
Blade micrometers allow for quick, accurate measurements of small objects. Additionally, they are useful for processes that ensure parts meet appropriate specifications.
The L.S. Starrett Company is a world leader in precision measuring tools and instruments. Since 1880, they have been an industry standard. Starrett’s high quality and durability have made the brand an industry standard for decades. They produce products for various industries, including aerospace, automotive, manufacturing, and commercial construction. Today, they’ve expanded into metalworking, making saw blade products for manufacturing operations worldwide.