The Starrett 575MCP Double-Anvil Screw Thread Micrometer measures the diameter of threads in a screw or other component. The device consists of two anvils placed at right angles to each other, with one anvil measuring the diameter of the thread and the other measuring its pitch.
- Starrett satin chrome finish – no glare – resists rust
- Advanced sleeve design with staggered lines and distinct figures for precise and easy readability
- Decimal equivalents on inch tools
Ease of Handling Features
- Balanced frame and thimble design for easy handling and better readability
- Gracefully designed tapered frame for use in narrow slots and tight places
- Furnished with fixed (non-rotating) anvil, but swivel anvils available on special order
- Available in capacity over 2″ or 50mm (special order)
Accuracy and Long-Life Features
- One-piece frame of drop-forged steel
- Extremely hard and stable one-piece spindle (the heart of Starrett’s accuracy)
- Quick and easy adjustment
- Design allows 50% to 75% contact with the thread to be measured, thereby insuring contact with the pitch diameter at all times
- Design also ensures against contact with the root area of the thread
- Tools are accurate to ±.0002″ or 0.004mm
There are many applications for double v-anvil screw thread micrometers, from checking if an existing tool is within specification to checking that new parts fit into their corresponding inserts or holes. Additionally, they can be useful in other applications such as gaging, inspection, alignment, and calibration.
The L.S. Starrett Company is a world leader in precision measuring tools and instruments. Since 1880, they have been an industry standard. Starrett’s high quality and durability have made the brand an industry standard for decades. They produce products for various industries, including aerospace, automotive, manufacturing, and commercial construction. Today, they’ve expanded into metalworking, making saw blade products for manufacturing operations worldwide.