The 575XR can measure from the inside of a hole to an edge. It has a rounded anvil that contacts the inside curved surface and a flat spindle for contacting the outside of the work, thus producing single-point contact. This permits accurate gaging of curved surface thickness in thousandths of an inch or hundredths of a millimeter.
- The 576 can get into holes as small as 5/16 of an inch (8mm) and measure up to 1/2 inch (13mm)
- The 577 can get into holes as small as 3/8 of an inch (9.5mm) and measure up to 1 inch (25mm)
- The 211 can get into holes as small as 5/8 of an inch (16mm) and measure up to 1 inch (25mm)
- Starrett satin chrome finish – no glare – resists rust
- Advanced sleeve design with staggered lines and distinct figures for precise and easy readability
- Convenient decimal equivalents on inch tools
Ease of Handling Features
- Balanced frame and thimble design ensure easy handling and readability
- Gracefully designed taper
Accuracy and Long-Lasting Features
- Rigid steel frames
- Extremely hard and stable one-piece spindle (the heart of our accuracy)
- Quick and easy adjustment
The L.S. Starrett Company is a world leader in precision measuring tools and instruments. Since 1880, they have been an industry standard. Starrett’s high quality and durability have made the brand an industry standard for decades. They produce products for various industries, including aerospace, automotive, manufacturing, and commercial construction. Today, they’ve expanded into metalworking, making saw blade products for manufacturing operations worldwide.