The 716X has the direct reading capability to .0001″ or 0.002mm. It provides a rapid means for calibrating both AGD and dial test indicators for linearity and repeatability through ranges up to 1″ or 25mm. This tester design is unlike others because it can swing to any position between vertical and horizontal. Simply, loosen a large hand knob that fastens the gage assembly to the base. In addition, the micrometer head can turn on its axis and position its scale to suit the operator’s convenience by loosening a single set screw.
Tensioned locking screws prevent tipping the gage assembly and the indicator holding clamp during set-up and adjustment. The 716X micrometer head is Starret’s 469 super-precision head with reverse reading capability.
When testing a 2700 or 2900 Electronic Indicator, a .000050″ graduated head is advisable, available on special order. An indicator mounting attachment holds dovetail mount indicators, AGD indicators with 3/8″ (9.5mm) stems, and indicators with a holder that has a 3/16″ (4.7mm) shank. The unit also has a fine adjustment to zero the indicator.
- Direct reading capability to .0001″ / 0.002mm, gages provide a rapid means for calibrating AGD and dial test indicators through ranges up to 1″ / 25mm
- Unique in its ability to swing to any position between vertical and horizontal
- This model includes a tester with a carbide-faced spindle, indicator mounting, and offset attachment
- Micrometer head graduation is 0.002mm
- Gage assembly
- The micrometer head is a 469 Series super-precision head with reverse reading capability
- Indicator mounting attachment
- Provides a rapid means for calibrating AGD and dial test indicators for linearity and repeatability
- Can be swung to any position between vertical and horizontal
- The micrometer head can be turned on its axis, and its scale positioned to suit the operator’s needs
- Aerospace Engineering
- Food Production
- Quality Assurance
The L.S. Starrett Company is a world leader in precision measuring tools and instruments. Since 1880, they have been an industry standard. Starrett’s high quality and durability have made the brand an industry standard for decades. They produce products for various industries, including aerospace, automotive, manufacturing, and commercial construction. Today, they’ve expanded into metalworking, making saw blade products for manufacturing operations worldwide.