The 724LZ-36 is for more precise measurements on large outside dimensions. Due to their advanced tubular design, they provide perfect balance, a sensitive feel, ease of handling, and less measuring effort. Built of special steel, the molded frames are to exact tubular design specifications and welded by a carefully controlled process. This produces a hollow tubular frame of the lightest weight, extreme rigidity, and a standard coefficient of expansion.
Because of the interchangeable anvils, the 724 is best for diversified gaging and provides a wide range of measurements in steps of 1 inch or 25mm. Not only that, the 724LZ-36 has a larger diameter anvil and spindle at .300″ (7.6mm). This provides greater balance and a larger bearing surface on the threads.
- Starrett satin chrome finish – no glare – resists rust
- Advanced sleeve design with staggered lines and distinct figures for precise and easy readability
- Large thimble diameter with distinct figures
Ease of Handling Features
- Balanced frame and thimble design for easy handling and better readability
- Ring-type knurled lock nut for quick and sure locking
- Hollow tubular frame design combining lightest possible weight with rigidity
Accuracy and Long-Lasting Features
- Extremely hard and stable one-piece spindle (the heart of Starrett’s accuracy)
- Standards with insulated grips
- We recommend the user check these micrometers with standards in the approximate position (vertical or horizontal) before use. We do not recommend .0001″ or 0.001mm
readings on these micrometers. Larger sizes, carbide faces, and ratchet stop are available on special order.
The L.S. Starrett Company is a world leader in precision measuring tools and instruments. Since 1880, they have been an industry standard. Starrett’s high quality and durability have made the brand an industry standard for decades. They produce products for various industries, including aerospace, automotive, manufacturing, and commercial construction. Today, they’ve expanded into metalworking, making saw blade products for manufacturing operations worldwide.