The Starrett 82CZ features a split-ball contact that measures the internal diameter of a hole, shaft, and cylindrical object. It’s ideal for determining whether a hole is within tolerance.
The 82CZ comes with 8 interchangeable probes that measure from .560″ to 1.565″. These allow you to take measurements without switching dial bore gages. The hard chrome-plated probes are durable and can work with various materials like brass or steel.
Use a set master as a reference to compare measurements. We recommend setting it as close to the measured hole as possible. You can do this with gage blocks or with a micrometer.
Range of Each Probe
- These gages are also available with electronic indicators by special order
- Useful for controlling approach to tolerance without removing the workpiece from a machine
- Sets furnished in an attractive, protective case
- Each set consists of a dial indicator, a body and actuating rod, two adjusting wrenches and the probes
- The split-ball contact is self-centering, the two-point contact detects hole geometry problems like taper, bell-mouth and out-of- roundness
- Interchangeable probes are hard chrome plated and polished
- All probes come complete with an actuating rod
- Reads to .0001″ and 0.002mm
- Check bore holes prior to assembly or maintenance
- Check the accuracy of machining operations after completion
- Measure the inside diameter of a hole
- Test the quality of pistons, rods, and sleeves
- Ensure products meet certain size requirements
The L.S. Starrett Company is a world leader in precision measuring tools and instruments. Since 1880, they have been an industry standard. Starrett’s high quality and durability have made the brand an industry standard for decades. They produce products for various industries, including aerospace, automotive, manufacturing, and commercial construction. Today, they’ve expanded into metalworking, making saw blade products for manufacturing operations worldwide.