The Starrett S770BXTDZ provides IP67 protection against coolant, water, dirt, and dust in hostile shop environments. In addition, it offers extended travel, reducing the need to exchange anvils. The ground contact points set the internal micrometer faster and more accurately than the spherical contacts found on other gages.
This set includes the following ranges:
- 0.625 in to 0.75 in /12.5 mm to 16 mm
- 0.375 in to 0.5 in/16 mm to 20 mm
- 1/2 in to 5/8 in/10 mm to 12.5 mm
- Wide measurement range without changing anvils
- Carbide measuring faces on sizes above 5/16″ (7.9mm) diameter
- Extensions available for deep holes
- Precision ratchet stop provides correct contact pressure for accurate readings.
- Each micrometer bore gage with head comes with a wooden case, a setting ring, contacts, an adjusting wrench, a spare battery, and instructions.
- IP67 level of protection against coolant, water, dirt, and dust
- Large high-contrast LCD digital readout is easy to read and reduces error
- RS232 output
- Includes instant inch/millimeter conversion and preset + and – functions
- Proximity output with optional built-in Bluetooth
- Bi-directional communication
The S770BXTDZ IP67 rating refers to its ability to resist damage from dust and water. For a device to have an IP67 rating, it must withstand immersion in 1 meter (3.3 feet) of water for 30 minutes without suffering permanent damage. These calipers are ideal for environments exposed to liquids and dust daily.
The L.S. Starrett Company is a world leader in precision measuring tools and instruments. Since 1880, they have been an industry standard. Starrett’s high quality and durability have made the brand an industry standard for decades. They produce products for various industries, including aerospace, automotive, manufacturing, and commercial construction. Today, they’ve expanded into metalworking, making saw blade products for manufacturing operations worldwide.