The Starrett T216XRL-5 Mechanical Counter Outside Micrometer is a great tool for anyone looking for an accurate, reliable, and professional-grade micrometer. The micrometer has a mechanical counter, which is one of its most unique features. It also has a satin chrome finish and rigid cast iron construction, which makes it rust- and stain-resistant.
As a bonus, the T216XRL-5 features a combination ratchet and speeder to help tighten up your measurements. This ensures that you get an accurate reading every time you use it.
- Clear, easily read numbers reduce errors
- No-glare black finish on the frame
- Starrett no-glare satin chrome finish on thimble and sleeve
- 0.001″ or 0.01mm is read directly from the counter
- 0.0001″ or 0.001mm is read from the vernier scale on the micrometer sleeve
- Balanced frame design for comfortable and accurate measuring
- Ring-type knurled lock nut for quick and sure locking
- A choice of smooth friction thimble for uniform pressure on the 1-4″ sizes or the combination ratchet and speeder for uniform pressure and quicker adjustment on all sizes
- Gracefully designed tapered frame for use in narrow slots and tight places
Accuracy and Long-Life Features
- Rigid one-piece frame of drop-forged steel
- Extremely hard and stable one-piece spindle (the
heart of our accuracy)
- Quick and easy adjustment
- Carbide measuring faces
- Microlapped measuring faces
- Measure the diameter of an object
- Measure the length of a piece.
- Determine the thickness of materials
- Check the accuracy of other measuring tools
The L.S. Starrett Company is a world leader in precision measuring tools and instruments. Since 1880, they have been an industry standard. Starrett’s high quality and durability have made the brand an industry standard for decades. They produce products for various industries, including aerospace, automotive, manufacturing, and commercial construction. Today, they’ve expanded into metalworking, making saw blade products for manufacturing operations worldwide.