The 228XRL Hub Micrometer is a perfect tool for precision measuring hub thickness, for insertion through small holes to measure thickness and for many other related uses. This micrometer has a shallow frame, making it possible to easily pass through a 3/4″ (19mm) hole.
The 228XRL features a ratchet stop and a carbide face. It’s equipped with 0-1″ range in .001″ graduations and a lock nut to ensure that the anvil will not move once it has been set, while the ratchet stop allows you to set the dial to any position up or down at a moment’s notice. The design makes it ideal for measuring internal diameters quickly and accurately on finished parts or rechecking readings after hardening, grinding, or turning operations.
- Starrett satin chrome finish – no glare – resists rust
- Advanced sleeve design with staggered lines and distinct figures for precise and easy readability
- Quick-reading figures – every thousandth numbered on inch tools
- Balanced frame and thimble design ensure easy handling and better readability
- Ring-type knurled lock nut for quick and sure locking
- Combination ratchet and speeder for uniform pressure and quicker adjustment
Accuracy and Long-Life Features
- Rigid one-piece frame of drop-forged steel
- Extremely hard and stable one-piece spindle (the heart of our accuracy)
- Quick and easy adjustment
The L.S. Starrett Company is a world leader in precision measuring tools and instruments. Since 1880, they have been an industry standard. Starrett’s high quality and durability have made the brand an industry standard for decades. They produce products for various industries, including aerospace, automotive, manufacturing, and commercial construction. Today, they’ve expanded into metalworking, making saw blade products for manufacturing operations worldwide.