Starrett 5004BZ-12/300 Electronic Depth Gage is a durable tool that provides consistent, reliable measurements to users. It has a hardened stainless steel construction and IP 67 protection, allowing it to survive in harsh environments. The unit can measure large parts up to 12″ (300mm) in length. For this reason, it’s ideal for large parts or measuring parts from various angles.
The 5004 Series features:
- On/Off button: Turn the device on or off when needed.
- A Mode button: Control the different modes of operation.
- Inch/ Metric: Switch between measurements in inches and millimeters.
- Preset mode: Stores your most recent measurement so you can recall them at any time
- Hold mode: Locks in measurements, so they do not change unexpectedly.
The Starrett 5004BZ-12/300 includes an offset attachment PT06136, which allows you to measure larger parts more easily with enough room between itself and your part’s edge.
IP Protection Rating
An IP number has two numbers, the first referring to the protection against solid objects and the second against liquids.
First number 6: Totally protected against dust
Second number 7: Protection against submersion in water under standardized conditions of pressure for 30 minutes
Features and Specifications
- Hardened stainless steel construction
- Coolant resistant
- Mode and Set buttons control a wide range of functions: On/Off, Absolute/Relative display,
- Inch/Metric display, Preset, and Hold
- RS232 data transmission port
- Furnished with one CR2032 lithium battery that will provide over a year of life with normal use
- Protective wooden case
- Measurement Range: 0-12″/ 0-300mm
- Resolution: 0.0005″/0.01mm
- Includes offset attachment PT06136
- IP67 protection
The L.S. Starrett Company is a world leader in precision measuring tools and instruments. Since 1880, they have been an industry standard. Starrett’s high quality and durability have made the brand an industry standard for decades. They produce products for various industries, including aerospace, automotive, manufacturing, and commercial construction. Today, they’ve expanded into metalworking, making saw blade products for manufacturing operations worldwide.